Civil Engineering is the art of directing the sources of power in nature for the use and convenience of man, for improvement of quality of life. The theory and practice of civil engineering is basically applied in the construction of Buildings & Structures, roads, bridges, aqueducts, canals, river navigation ports, docks and harbours.
At MIT ,MEERUT, B.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering is offered with intake capacity of 60 The goal of department is to produce high quality technical manpower needed by industry, R&D organizations, and academic institutions and above all to meet the engineering needs of the nation. The academic activities of the Department emphasize deep understanding of fundamental principles, development of creative ability to handle the challenges of Civil Engineering, and the analytical ability to solve problems which are interdisciplinary in nature.
The Department also encourages its students to engage in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, essential for development, nurturing of team spirit, developing organizational skills and inculcating good moral values and positive work culture.
To Educate create world class quality engineers & technocrats capable of providing leadership in all spheres of life & society.
To provide quality technical & professional education in civil engineering & its allied disciplines for providing solutions to real life problems with dedication towards social issues, research & continuous learning.
1. To produce professionally competent civil engineering graduates for successful carriers in Core and allied Industries.
2. To develop ability among students to apply technical concepts in solving engineering problems within social environmental and economical constraints
3. To prepare students for further higher studies.
4. To inspire students to make learning a lifelong practice and to inculcate among them ethics and codes of professional practice.
5. To improve personality to induce team spirit and leadership quality among students.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics Science and Engineering in solving the problems related to Civil Engineering.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
3. An ability to design a system component or process to meet desire needs within realistic constraints such as economical, environmental, social, political, ethical health and safety, the best construction and sustainability.
4. An ability to work effectively as a team member as well as a leader while working in multidisciplinary team.
5. An ability to apply knowledge and creativity to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
|Mr. Sumit Prakash|
|Teaching Experience||3.5 years|
|Industry Experience||28 years|
|Research Experience||8 years|
|Area Of Intrest||Hydraulic structure,Water resources|
|Area Of Intrest||Geotechnical engineering, Fluid mechanics|
|Post graduation||M.Tech. (Persuing)|
|Teaching Experience||3 years|
|Area Of Intrest||Structural engineering, Design of steel Structure , Transportation engineering|
|Teaching Experience||2 years|
|Area of Interest||Geotechnical, Design of concrete Structure , Hydraulic Structure|
Students Achievement Under Society of Civil Engineers Miet, four students of Civil Engineering Department won 2nd prize at the bridge competition on 15.92015 organized by Meerut Association of Engineers.
Labs in Civil Engineering